T&Cs apply | Commercial content | New Customers Only | 18+
Paddy Power is an online bookmaker which allows players from all over the world to bet on a wide range of sports and events. However, some countries are restricted from using Paddy Power services, while others have limited access. This Paddy Power legal guide will help you understand which country you can bet from and also how to set up your account.
How to Test if My Location is Allowed at Paddy Power
It’s important to note that you cannot bet and receive the Paddy Power sign up offer from exactly anywhere in the world. There is a list of Paddy Power legal countries and if your country of residence is not on this list, you will probably not be able to create or verify your account.
- You can find your country on the Paddy Power legal list below. There is a total of 15 countries from which you can legally play on Paddy Power.
- If you are still unsure whether your country is restricted or allowed, you can always check by contacting their support via email or by calling their phone number.
Paddy Power: Legal Countries
Depending on each individual country’s laws and Paddy Power legal policies, there is only a small selection of nations where you are allowed to set up your account and use the service fully.
The terms and conditions page on the Paddy Power website also states that all punters are obligated to check first if their country is on the allowed list before using the service. They insist that you do not register, use the service, use a Paddy Power promo code, or make any bets if your country is not on the list.
Following is the list of 14 countries and territories that are cleared to use the Paddy Power service:
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Ireland
- Isle of Man
- Channel Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- New Zealand
Note that this is only a current list and that it is prone to change. Each nation’s betting laws, as well as Paddy Power policies, can change over time, so if your country is not on this list, it very well might be in the near future. Also, if your country does not appear here, it does not necessarily mean that it’s restricted.
Paddy Power: Restricted Countries
Paddy Power legal policies currently have a list of jurisdictions where it is forbidden to use their service.
Below is a list of those restricted countries:
- China & Hong Kong
- Czech Republic
- France (and French Territories*Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint-Martin and Saint-Pierre et Miquelon.)
- North Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- USA (and US Territories**American Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, KingmanReef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Wake Island.)
If your country is not on either of these two lists, it can mean two things. You are in a so-called “gray area” and your country is either restricted fully or partially. What this means is that your country might actually be restricted but it’s not on the incomplete list of restricted countries. Partially restricted means that you are allowed to create an account on the website, but are unable to use all of its features.
Make sure to always read the terms and conditions before putting your money on a certain bet. Inform yourself on which bets you are allowed to play when being partially restricted.
Paddy Power Account Verification
In order to be eligible to play on Paddy Power, you must create and verify your account. This is to make sure that you are fulfilling all the Paddy Power legal requirements and to confirm that you are actually from one of the allowed countries.
Copied documents necessary for this part are:
- Recent utility bill or a bank statement with a visible address and a name.
- National ID card, passport, or a driver’s license.
All of these documents can be sent via an uploader in the account verification section.
1. Can I access my Paddy Power account while I am abroad on holiday?
You can access and use your Paddy Power account if you are visiting any of the countries that are on the allowed list. If you are in a restricted country, however, you won’t be able to do so without a VPN or any other way that can change the location of your device.
2. Do I really have to provide proof of my identity/address to Paddy Power?
You will not be able to place any bets on the service unless you provide necessary verification documents. This is to prove your identity and to confirm that you are from one of the countries allowed by the Paddy Power legal policies. Do not worry, as all the personal information you provide are just for verification purposes and they will remain private.
3. Am I allowed to use a Paddy Power promo code in a restricted country?
Using the service in a restricted country in any way is forbidden. You cannot access your account, make bets, deposits, or use any of the promo codes whatsoever.
4. Which currencies can I use to fund my Paddy Power account?
There are only two currencies accepted by the Paddy Power legal policies at the moment. These are United Kingdom Pounds (GBP), and Euros (EUR).